Tuesday, January 13, 2015

WOMEN ARTISTS - Exciting New Yearlong Project for the Blog


The 2015 theme for The Painted Prism is WOMEN ARTISTS.  This will be a yearlong project (and hopefully, beyond that).  This project is unique, because I will be creating a series of posts for the blog, that feature a different woman artist each month.


Women have been creating art -- remarkable artistic contributions -- since the earliest time, but they haven't always received recognition and have, in many cases, just been left out of the art history books.  

Many (most?) of the women artists that I will choose will not be known to you . . . 



Each month, I will introduce you to one of these women, and also show you some of her work, of course. During the rest of the month, we will see what we can learn from this artist.  I will create and post a lesson and/or project/tutorial, based on this artist's work.  

During the month, I will also be creating my own paintings, which will be influenced and inspired by our feature artist, and I'll show you behind-the-scene pix of that process.  

These women are not all watercolor painters (in fact, most are not); however, we can still learn so much from them.  I'm hoping, and expecting, that even my workshops this year will be greatly influenced by these women.  

I hope you enjoy this ongoing project, because it could easily last for 4+ years -- there are that many wonderful women master artists!

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Looking forward to these posts!
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an excellent idea - I also am looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also really looking forward to seeing this take shape! What a wonderful idea to focus on women!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone, for your encouragement for this project. I am certainly looking forward to finding out about these women artists, too, and I will enjoy sharing it with you . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I found your blog and your gorgeous work!!!! Your friend from Texas, Leta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found my blog, too -- Thank you, Leta from Texas -- for all your kind words and comments! I appreciate it!

      Delete
  6. I am so glad I found your blog and your gorgeous work!!!! Your friend from Texas, Leta

    ReplyDelete